All our professionals at Colorado Health and Youth Dermatology & Cosmetic Medical Centers maintain the highest levels of accreditation and pursue ongoing education to stay abreast of the latest trends in dermatology.
Tampa, Brandon, FL DermatologistColorado Health & Youth Dermatology Centers
DR. KATHLEEN M. COLORADO, MD, FAAD is a Board Certified Dermatologist who has lived and worked in the Tampa area for 20+ years. She is the Medical Director of Colorado Health and Youth Dermatology Centers and she is also an Assistant Clinical Professor of Dermatology at the University of South Florida (USF) College of Medicine. There, she teaches medical students and Resident physicians, the Physicians and Dermatologists of tomorrow
Dr Kathy completed medical school and recieved her M. D. , Medical Doctor, degree at University of South Florida (USF) College of Medicine. She graduated second (2nd) in her medical school class with a 4.0 average and Highest Honors. She earned membership in the exclusive and prestigious AOA (Alpha Omega Alpha) Medical Honor Society. She completed her specialty residency training in Dermatology and Cutaneous Surgery at the USF College of Medicine Department of Dermatology in 2003. Shortly thereafter, she attained her Dermatology Board Certification. She has completed Post-graduate certification in laser therapies, Tumescent laser Liposuction and MOH's Micrographic surgery.
She has previously been a staff Dermatlogist at The Watson Clinic in Lakeland Florida. She has previously been the medical Director of Ideal Image Cosmetic Laser centers.
Prior to that, she graduated number one in her nursing school class with highest honors and a 4.0 GPA average and she was a registered nurse and staffed the ICU at Shand's Hospital and was an E.R. Trauma nurse at Tampa general Hospital Trauma Center before returning to University to become a physician.She continued her education and graduated from USF with a Bachelors of Science Degree in Biology pre-med with a 4.0 GPA average and Summa Cum Laude Highest honors.
She is frequently a public speaker on current dermatology issues to the public and other physicians, medical students, and medical residents ... Speaking on Dermatology skin cancer issues, psoriasis/eczema as well as Rosascea and other issues.
She is a member of the American Association of Dermatology (AAD), the Florida Society of Dermatologic Surgeons(FSDS),and Hillsborough County Medical Association(HCMA). Dr. Kathy Colorado is a Clinical professor at University of South Florida College of Medicine and She maintains hospital privileges at Memorial Hospital of Tampa and Tampa General Hospital.
Dr Kathy and Dr Nick have four children which they homeschool until two year ago and now they attend Jesuit HS and Nativity School.
DR. NICK COLORADO, MD, FACOG,AMMG
Tampa, Brandon, FL
Colorado Health & Youth Dermatology Centers
DR. NICK COLORADO, MD, FACOG, AMMG specializes in Cosmetic Medicine and SkinCare and Laser medicine, as well as Wellness, Nutrion and Anti-Aging Medicine which deals with Men and Women's Health and Hormone Management, custom weightloss programs and fitness prescriptios for health improvement, Anti-Aging and longterm Wellness goals.
He has lived and practiced medicine in the Tampa area for over thirty years. He is married to Dr Kathy Colorado, Dermatologist. After a six year stint as a medical technologist MLT in the U.S. Airforce, achieving rank of Staff Seargent, he:
- acheived an honorable discharge with a USAF medal of Commendation. (During his term in the USAF military service he obtained College Degrees in Physics from Arkansas State University, Medical Laboratory Technology from Los Angeles Met College, and completed coursework for B.A. Psychology U. P. Dilliman
- He came to Tampa in 1982 where he graduated from the University of South Florida (USF) Magna Cum Laude High Honors with a Bachelor of Science Degree in Biology 1984.
- Dr Nick completed Medical School receiving his Doctor of Medicine Degree (MD) from the University of South Florida College of Medicine in 1988 in the t op 5th (1/5th) of his graduating class . He was awarded the " Robert G. Nelson Award" for academic excellence in the study of medicine. He has completed both peer reviewed published ("Green Journal" OBGYN 1/1990) and unpublished research.
- Dr Nick graduated from OB/GYN specialty residency USF program 1992...
- He became Board certified in 1996,....
- 2001 Botox, Dermal Filler, and Cosmetic Laser certified
- 2013 AMMG Certified Age Management/Wellness Medicine
- and since 1996 "Dr Nick" has continued extensive Post graduate training in Aesthetic/Cosmetic Medicine, Laser Medicine and Nutritional, Alternative and Wellness/Anti-Aging Medicine. He has been residency trained in surgical laser and has experience in Cosmetic Laser Medicine for twenty (20) years. Recently Certified in Anti-Aging Medicine by the Age Management Medicine Group AMMG 2013.
- He has performed major and minimally invasive surgery for over 20 years.
- He has been trained in Tumescent laser liposuction techniques and assisting and processing techniques in Moh's micrographic surgery.
- He has received extensive post-gradute training and certification in advanced Botox techniques, Dermal wrinkle Fillers, Cosmetic Laser therapies, Chemical peels and microdermabrasion, sclerotherapy vein treatments, natural and medical weight loss and weight management, male and female bio-identical hormone management and skin analysis and cosmeceutical therapies.
On his off time, Dr Nick enjoys his four childrem: Nick Jr, Frank, Lola and Santo !!!! Dr Kathy, traveling, reading and writing.